For complete renewal, reinstatement, re-entry and reciprocity information, please refer to the Certifications Policy and Procedures Manual.
In order to renew a certification, the certified person must successfully complete the performance outcome in each Job Performance Requirement (JPR) while completing 100% of all JPRs for the level of certification. (This includes all subsections of the JPRs.)
- Reinstatement/Regression Crosswalk Forms
JPR Crosswalk Record Form (for reinstatements/regression)
Reciprocity Process: Due the rules of our accrediting bodies, IFSAC and ProBoard, Colorado cannot issue direct certificate for certificate reciprocity.
- All Firefighters wishing to obtain Accredited Colorado Certification must test in Colorado.
- In order to apply for reciprocity with the State of Colorado you must be either a resident of Colorado or affiliated with a Colorado Emergency Services Agency.
- If you meet that criteria, you can submit an application and copies of your IFSAC or ProBoard accredited certification using the “Reciprocity/Non-Accredited Certification Application” (see link below).
- Your application and certifications will be reviewed and you may be issued a Renewable, Non-Accredited Colorado Certification.
- You must meet the prerequisites in order to test above your current level.
For more information please review the Informational Memorandum (see link below) or the DFPC Certification Policy and Procedure Manual via the link at the top of the page.
If you have any questions, please contact DFPC at 303-239-4600.
* NEW RECIPROCITY PROCESS AS OF 7/1/2022 *
Reciprocity Informational Memorandum 22-01
Reciprocity/Non-Accredited Certificate Application
NFPA Standard Level Edition for new applications received after 7/1/22
Reciprocity Certificates need to show the NFPA Standard and Edition tested under. If this is missing, you will need to contact the issuing agency and submit with the reciprocity application.
- Testing and Certification Resources
For more information concerning the the certification programs please contact 303-239-4600