The Division of Fire Prevention and Control has the responsibility to assist municipalities and the Colorado Division of Gaming to ensure that buildings where limited gaming activities are conducted are designed, constructed, and maintained in a manner that is safe to employees and patrons in accordance with adopted building codes and standards
Email contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Industry Statistics for gaming in the State of Colorado
The Division's authority does not extend nor apply to tribal casinos.
Limited Gaming Facilities Rules (8 CCR 1507-57)
- Certification of Compliance
The Division of Fire Prevention and Control shall review inspection reports as a contingency for approval of the certificates of compliance issued to applicants requesting licensure by the Division of Gaming. In order to meet this requirement, the Division shall assist in or assume the responsibility in the following life safety activities:
- Review and approve inspection reports
- Render interpretations, to the public and interested stakeholders, on building codes, fire codes, and life safety standards related to buildings and structures where limited gaming activities are taking place
- Review construction plans and drawings for new and existing buildings and life safety systems to ensure code and standards compliance Issue permits and perform construction inspections for approved projects
- Perform annual maintenance inspections
- Provide technical assistance to local building and fire officials, the local historical preservation commission, and the Colorado Gaming Commission upon request.
- Retail Gaming License
Retail Gaming Licenses are applied for directly with the Colorado Division of Gaming. Each applicant will be required to provide the following:
- A Certificate of Compliance (COC)
- A statement by the respective municipal governing body that the building in which limited gaming will take place conforms to the appropriate architectural styles and designs
- A written statement by the appropriate local official that handicapped access to the licensed premises has been provided.
Last Updated: 3/31/2021