Marshall Fire Facilitated Learning Analysis
- Caley Pruitt, Public Information Officer, Colorado Division of Fire Prevention and Control email@example.com
- Tracy LeClair, Communications & Outreach Specialist, Colorado Division of Fire Prevention and Control firstname.lastname@example.org
October 25, 2022 - A Facilitated Learning Analysis (FLA) was requested by Mountain View Fire Department, Louisville Fire Department, Boulder County and led by the Colorado Division of Fire Prevention and Control (DFPC) to review the Marshall Fire which occurred on December 30, 2021, in Boulder County. The FLA was requested to gain a deeper understanding of what occurred during the Marshall Fire response. The report is intended to be an educational and training tool for first responders. The report will help those who were directly involved in the incident learn and understand what occurred during response efforts, and provide the ability to share that information with others moving forward.
The FLA team focused on specific stories and lessons learned related to the following:
- weather/atmospheric conditions that contributed to the incident;
- observed fire behavior;
- agency participation and coordination;
- communication interoperability among responding resources;
- and the mobilization of resources.
- Click here to review FLA- FAQ's.
The Boulder County Sheriff's Office is conducting a separate investigation into the cause and determination of the fire. Please contact them regarding any questions related to the investigation. Click here to access the Boulder County Recovery Efforts website.