June 1, 2022- The International Public Safety Data Institute (IPSDI) is excited to kick off our work on Colorado’s first Statewide Risk Assessment. Next week, we will be traveling ‘statewide’ to learn about fire risk across Colorado.
Static fire data tells us an incomplete story. Stakeholder feedback and engagement gives powerful context to data - a vital part to understanding the impact of fire on Colorado’s communities and residents.
In partnership with the Division of Fire Prevention and Control, we are holding ten (10) stakeholder meetings across all four corners of the state. These listening sessions will help us to:
- Understand how fire impacts your community
- Learn about your community’s challenges beyond fire that may have impacts on service delivery
- Meet and learn from the people working every day to reduce fire risk while balancing everyday operational needs
- Understand the varied impact across urban, rural, suburban, and undeveloped areas
- Gain stakeholder perspective on the present and future concerns that worry them
Each meeting will be interactive and engaging. Participants will be asked for their input through small group activities and dialog. We also understand that not everyone who is interested will be able to attend one of the meetings. To ensure we capture insight from all stakeholders, a follow-up survey instrument will be available for those who cannot attend.
The meetings will be held at the following locations at the following times:
- Monday, June 6th:
- 11:00am: Lakewood (710 Kipling St., 2nd Floor Conference Rm, Lakewood, CO 80215)
- 6:00pm: Salida (10165 CR-120, Salida, CO 81201)
- Tuesday, June 7th:
- 11:00am: Durango (2700 Main Ave., Durango, CO 81301)
- 6:00pm: Telluride (455 Mountain Village Blvd Unit A, Telluride, CO 81435)
- Wednesday, June 8th:
- 11:00am: Grand Junction (City Hall - 250 N 5th St., Grand Junction, CO 81501)
- 6:00pm: Steamboat Springs (Community Center - 1605 Lincoln Ave., Steamboat Springs, CO 80487)
- Thursday, June 9th:
- 11:00am: Ft. Collins (Poudre Fire Authority - 102 Remington St., Fort Collins, CO 80524)
- 6:00pm: Sterling (TBD)
- Friday, June 10th:
- 11:00am: Colorado Springs (Pikes Peak Bldg Dept. - 2880 International Cir., Colorado Springs, CO 80910)
- 6:00pm: La Junta (TBD)
RSVP: We will be providing lunch or dinner at each meeting and need to get an idea of how many people will be joining us. If you are planning on attending, please complete this registration form for each individual that will be attending. Once we’ve confirmed your registration, we will add you to the meeting invite.
Please share this information with anyone you feel might be interested. The input we receive will go a long way in helping ensure we provide Colorado with the most comprehensive Statewide Risk Assessment possible.
Media Inquiries: Public Information Officer, Caley Pruitt: firstname.lastname@example.org
All other inquiries: Fire & Life Safety Section Chief, Chris Brunette: email@example.com
Division of Fire Prevention and Control
Fire & Life Safety Section
700 Kipling St., Ste 4100
Lakewood, CO 80215